Saturday, August 12, 2006

I love them all

I will run and train and sweat
I will wear their colors till I die
I will do it to be the man I am
I will not be blinded by the lies

I will spar with the young ones
Who leave their bruises and scars
I will pray to the darkest of nights
And still somehow see the stars

I will remember their laughter
I will remember their smiles
I will remember how they walked
Those long and wearing miles

And I will never disgrace them
I will carry them in my heart
I will live my life to the fullest
For it is they who gave me my start

It is they who gave me my chance
They would not want me to not live
They would want me to celebrate this life
To find a way to engage and love and give

I will work with those still wounded by the
Memories or the all too real feel of steal
I will give it the whole of my soul
I will never compromise or make a deal




Neils
10:19 pm
08/10/2006
*
transcribed this time
11:29 am
08/12/2006

N....again

No comments: