Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hey we could sew our own shirts

Weave our own sweaters
Make our own shoes
Do it all alone to make it better

We could grow our own crops
Dig our own wells
Because that's how they make their money
When we buy what they offer to sell

You'd think this was America or something
Why just the other day
I was trying to reinvent the phone
But got lost somewhere along the way

God Forbid the waitress makes any money
God Forbid somebody make me a dinner
That I might be able to take it easy for a while
And in the end we all come out winners

I was trying to dig up some iron and steel
So I could make my own car
But needless to say but I'll say it anyway
That didn't go too far

You'd think this was America or something
Because when other people tell me how to spend my money
I kinda get to lookin at them like
They're crazy busy bodies who aren't very funny

But most of the time
I try to laugh anyway




Neils
4:05 pm
07/28/2008
*
transcribed this time
11:35 pm
07/31/2008



N....again

No comments: