Friday, November 12, 2004

First of all

First of all

I'd like to apologize
For bein a white male
For whatever you think
That's worth

For not being
An indigenous person
Here
On planet earth

For not properly
Labeling my music
As being
Anglo

I thought it
Was from the heart
How
Was I to know

I'd like to take back
That term I used
I seriously
Must have been nappin

That little thing
About hetero-phobic
That
Could never happen

And certain women's anger
Is always undeniable
Always
Unquestioningly sent

It's never something else
Subconcious
And they're lookin for
A chance to vent

And third of all

I should watch
Every step I take
Every
Word I say

Not that anyone
Would twist them around
Huh-uh

No way


Neils
about 1994
at the Excalibur Poetry Readings
on Avenue B in San Antonio Texas
*
transcribed this time
10:00 pm
11/12/2004

No comments: